Yep, I've have a pretty rubbish summer. I'm not going to get into the details of it, but basically I've been fed up with every aspect of my life, the people I'm surrounded with and the way my body looks. And while I'm sure every girl has these periods of hopelessness in their lives, I've felt like I've cried on my own more times than I care to admit.
That's pretty much a catch up on my life this summer. And while I'm most definitely not back to my normal self, I thought that I would make more of an effort to write on my blog (even though no one reads it, I find it fun!).
SO, now that all the negativity is out in the open I'm going to focus on all the good things going on and what I've been loving:
- I'M GOING TO COLLEGE IN DUBLIN! Yep, it's finally happening! In approximately 2 weeks I'll be making the big move to Dublin and I'm so excited. It feels like a fresh start, and I'm so ready for that!
- THE OLYMPICS! Okay so I know that they are over (although we've the Paralympics to look forward to now #buzzing), I thoroughly enjoyed the Olympics this year. I have such a massive amount of respect for every single one of those athletes. They are such an inspiration and are crazy good at what they do. I particularly enjoyed the diving and Bob Ballard and Leon Taylor's offbeat commentary! And even though I'm only half English, I couldn't help but cheer on Team GB as well as Team Ireland!
- DANCE MOMS! I've said it. I love Dance Moms. It is without a doubt been my guilty pleasure TV programme. I mean these girls are insanely talented and have to deal with immense pressures. Some of the mothers are completely bonkers (in fact the whole show is completely bonkers) but I find it so entertaining.
My Top 3 Olympic Moments
- Jack Laugher and Chris Mears winning gold in 3m Synchro Springboard Diving - I've been following these divers since 2012 so it was so incredibly amazing to see them standing on that podium receiving gold medals. So well deserved.
- The O'Donovan Brothers - so for those of you who don't know them, the O'Donovan's are two brothers from Cork in Ireland who won silver in the men's rowing. Their interviews had everyone in stitches and pretty much summed up the whole of Ireland with their laid back attitudes and love of shhtake.
- Simone Biles - need I say any more? This woman is the most incredible person ever, and a wonderful inspiration to girls all over the world. This 19 year old gymnast caught everyone's attention in the best way possible and showed amazing talent and sportsmanship. I love her so much!
Leave a comment below on what you're favourite Olympic moments were! Talk to you soon x